- Bulk Specials - up to 75% off!! Limited Time Only!
- Hyacinth Delft Blue - BULK SPECIALS
Hyacinth Delft Blue - BULK SPECIALS
Hyacinth DELFT BLUE
Hyacinth DELFT BLUE has beautiful blue blooms on strong stems.
- HEIGHT: 20cm
- WIDTH: 15cm
- SUPPLIED AS: Dormant Bulbs
- BOTANICAL NAME : Hyacinthus orientalis
- PLANT DEPTH: 5cm
- PLANT SPACING: 5-10cm
- PLANTING WINDOW: March - July
- FLOWERING TIME: Mid Season
- GROWING ZONES: Vic, SA, TAS, NSW ex Sub tropics, QLD cool regions.
- CUT FLOWER: Yes
- FRAGRANT: Yes, Yes, YES!
Hyacinths need a full sun position but can tolerate some dappled light. Prepare your beds to a depth of 20cm, making sure the soil is light and fluffy. Plant the bulbs with the 'fat' end down at a depth of 5cm. Allow 5-10cm between each bulb, however a less full result can be achieved if you choose to plant further apart.
If growing your Hyacinth in a pot, select a high quality potting mix that is free draining. Some gravel in the base of the pot will assist with any drainage issues. Ensure the bulb is well fed and watered right up until dormancy.
Hyacinth DO NOT require refrigeration. Feed your bulbs as they come into bloom, and make sure you leave the foliage to fully die down - this feeds and grows NEXT year's flower.