Garlic New Zealand Red
Rich and sweet garlic smell when cut. Mild heat and pleasant taste. Rich and nutty when sauteed and roasted. Large round flattened bulbs with flat base. Heavily purple striped or blotched skins, red when first harvested. 8 to 12 cloves in single layer. Skins are fragile and usually whiten during storage.
· Plant cloves 150mm apart with pointy tip upwards.
· Clove tops about 25mm below surface.
· Do not feed heavily.
· After 6 weeks, apply light spray of a liquid fertiliser monthly.
· Moist not wet soil.
· Stores 4 – 5 months in ventilated place away from direct sunlight.
· Grows well in NSW, Vic & SA.