Garlic Italian Late
Hot rich and aggressive flavour. Distinctive teardrop shaped bulb of 6-7 cm with flat to convex base. White skin, often with purple blotching or striping especially in cooler climates.
Typically, 12+ cloves in two or three layers. Outer cloves are large, flat and inwardly curving, inner cloves smaller, taller and more slender
· Plant outer cloves 150mm apart with pointy tip upwards. (eat the small ones!)
· Clove tops should be 25-30 mm below surface.
· Do not feed heavily. After 6 weeks, apply light spray of a liquid fertiliser monthly.
· Moist not wet soil.
· Grows well in NSW, Vic & SA.
· Stores 6-8 months in ventilated place away from direct sun.