Garlic Spanish Roja
The Spanish Red. Typical white, tissue-like transparent bulb skins with the red from the cloves showing through. 8 to 12 deep red cloves in a single layer. Strong, rich & nutty flavour. Good both raw and cooked. The scape produces an upside-down U-shape.
Remove the scape as it starts to straighten or bulb size will be affected.
· Plant cloves 150mm apart with pointy tip upwards.
· Clove tops about 25mm below surface. Do not feed heavily.
· After 6 weeks, apply light spray of a liquid fertiliser monthly. Moist not wet soil.
· Grows well in NSW, Vic & SA. Not suited to humid conditions.
· It doesn't like to be too wet, or too humid. Dry heat really suits it
· Stores 10 months in ventilated place away from direct sun.