Garlic Glen Large - Tropical
Teardrop shape with white skins and purple blotching 6 to 12 larger cloves in 2 layers. Raw it has moderate heat, with a sweet garlicky flavour. Sautées well with pleasant aroma. Age bulbs a little before use. A day length neutral garlic, likes warmer climates.
· Plant cloves 150mm apart with pointy tip upwards.
· Clove tops about 25mm below surface. Do not feed heavily.
· After 6 weeks, apply light spray of a liquid fertiliser monthly. Moist not wet soil.
· Grows well in NSW, Qld and Northern Vic. & SA. Not suited to humid conditions.
· Stores 4-6 months in ventilated place away from direct sun.